Is the full beard style trend gone yet? Some people may say that they are, but I still seeing many guys rocking this style.
Truth be told, for those that enjoy having a full beard, it is not about a trend or just because a celebrity is “doing it now”. It is more of a lifestyle, and in fact, many guys look incredibly better with a full beard than without one.
It Is All About the Lighting
I deal a lot with photography and editing here for the blog, so I often encounter issues on my face where seems like I have a huge double chin, but as soon as I take out the highlight of the area, boom… it is gone. Again, it is all about the lighting.
If we take a women’s makeup as an example, like we did in this post about male model’s face, we know that women have an advantage because they can do many changes to their face by using a highlighter and contouring.
The beard can hide signs of aging, a bad skin and even that double chin that I told you before.
As much as there are many ways to fix a patchy beard, if you have a patchy beard under your chin, you should just shave from your jaw line down, to give your face a more squared look.
You have to try
It is hard to know if you will look good with a full beard without trying it. If you have a thinner “baby” face and want to give yourself a more mature look, I would say you should give it a try.
But don’t take it lightly. A full beard will take a lot of maintenance because you will want it to look very healthy and beautiful. Let’s see some tips to achieve that.
A Healthy Beard
Like anything in your body, it all starts on what you are eating. Your beard needs nutrients and vitamins to grow beautifully just like your hair, nails and skin. Here are some tips for you to keep your beard looking it’s best:
- Keep your beard clean. Wash your face with a gentle facial washing product twice a day (ideally first thing in the morning and before you go to sleep).
- Keep your beard hydrated with essential oils, proper for a beard.
- Increase the amount of Protein in your diet. Protein has proven to help your beard grow stronger.
- Have a balanced diet including fruits and vegetable. Your overall body hair needs vitamins and minerals in order to grow. And most definitely stay away from smoking.
- Take a multivitamin supplements that include Vitamin A, vitamin B, vitamin C and vitamin E.
Talking about a beard supplement, there are a couple of “Beard Pills” that swear to take your beard game to the next level. And I am not talking about hormones or anything like that. These supplements are made of natural ingredients, and even though I haven’t tried it yet, they have close to a thousand good reviews on amazon.com.
There is one in special that seems to be doing very good on Amazon called Beard Grow XL. The guys from hairblog.org did a full review on this product, and they talk a little bit about the ingredients.
“Some of the main ingredients found in Beard Grow XL are citrus flavonoids, which contain highly potent biological properties. They act as powerful antioxidants that help defend the body against free radical damage, which can play a significant role in whether or not your body can maintain the ideal “environment” that allows for healthy beard hair growth. Many men use Beard Grow XL to help even out any patchiness in their beards, and to create a fuller and thicker look for their facial hair.”
Ingrown Hair and Effects
Another issue that many men have, including myself, is the ingrown hair problem. Some people can have a genetic problem and some can be a stress problem, which in many cases will make you start pulling your beard hair. Seems odd? this kind of problem is more popular than you think.
If you go to google right now, you may be surprised with so many questions of people asking on how to stop pulling their beard hair out.
This problem may start because of stress but it doesn’t stop there. After the person pulls out their facial hair, it will get worse because it will cause the newly grown hair to get stuck in the skin, causing it to itchy even more. I explain it in depth in this article here.
Some ways to diminish this effect are:
- Even though it must be hard, you need to force yourself not to pull the hair out. If it feels itchy, you may want to gently rub with your finger over the area.
- Take some time once a week to exfoliate your facial skin. I personally use the Clarisonic, because I find it useful, as it gets deeper and help with the itching.
- Anthony Logistics has a specific product for ingrown hair. You won’t see an immediate solution for the ingrown hairs, but within the process you will start noticing that the skin is not itching and the ingrown hair is diminishing consistently.
Beard Styling Products
Now that we learned on how to keep our beard looking healthy, I will show you how to style your beard.
Why use a beard product: You might think that now that your beard is all grown and full, the hard work is done right? wrong.
“What should I buy?”
- Beard shampoo and conditioner
- Conditioning Beard Oil
- Beard Wax
- Beard Comb or/and brush
- Razor and Trimmer
Beard Style Ideas:
Growing a beard is the new plastic surgery guys. I can’t count how many times I have seen guys going from 1 to 10 just by growing a beard. It is all about finding a style that fits you. Have you grow a full beard? How long did it take? Show me the picture in the comments below.